Monday, December 1, 2008

A Thankful Heart

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever."
Psalm 107:1


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Kurtis' parents and each year I am reminded of how good the Lord is to us. As I look back on this year it was hard, but in the midst of the pain we saw joy and hope. When we first heard the news that Kurtis was being laid off we both were very scared and I didn't want to give thanks to the Lord. As we continued through the long journey we were reminded of His goodness through His Word, friends and family comforting us, and drawing closer to one another. It is so awesome how the Lord handpicked Kurtis' new job. He is more satisfied in his new position. Even during the valleys when you feel like you are falling a part...I want to learn to give thanks to the Lord! He is making all things NEW.


What are you thankful for? or What valley in your life has brought joy, thankfulness, and hope?

I love my sweet hubby

The edible turkey appetizer

Dad, Mom, Me, and Kurtis

Aren't we cute?

4 comments:

Vivi DiLopes Adams said...

Yes... very cute! :)

Ben and Erin said...

Yes you are! I'm thankful for my precious little girl and being so close to my family. :)

AZChelsea said...

Absolutely adorable you are! I'm thankful for you!

Rach said...

You guys are cute. Looking good and looking happy. Glad to see it. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season.